Tamr is the enterprise data mastering company trusted by large enterprises like Blackstone, the US Air Force, Toyota, and GSK. The company’s patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with human feedback to master and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by top-tier investors such as NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
As we rapidly grow our engineering team, we are seeking outstanding, product-minded engineers interested in building foundational services that offer high performance with an elegant interface.
This is an opportunity to build enterprise software that solves the most time-consuming, manually intensive problem in data science and modern data pipelines: enriching, curating, and preparing data. Tamr’s core product applies supervised machine learning to large scale problems in data science, engineering, and integration. As part of the Platform Team, you will own Tamr’s core distributed data processing engine, and will design and implement services that maximize data pipeline performance; provide a great developer experience for data engineers and application teams; and target cloud-native technologies for hosted SaaS and hybrid-cloud deployment. You will work with a small team of exceptional colleagues to design, build, and deliver next-generation solutions.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate is independently minded, self-motivated, and has the experience and breadth of technical knowledge necessary to bring clarity to poorly defined problems and to find unexpected solutions. We are looking for product sense and an entrepreneurial spirit. If you care about the end-to-end development and ownership of software products - from coding through build, test, QA, deployment, management, maintenance, support, and end-user experience - then this role is for you.
- 8+ years experience designing, building, delivering, and supporting production software
- Comfort quickly picking up new languages and technologies
- Brilliant problem-solving skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical ideas, both to other engineers and to non-technical stakeholders
- Outstanding ability to engage stakeholders to understand and discover their real problems and requirements
You might be a good fit if you have some of the below:
- 3+ years of experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- 3+ years of Hadoop/Spark experience
- 1+ year(s) of k8s experience
- 1+ year(s) supporting large-scale hosted production services
- Tech lead or engineering management experience
- DevOps experience
- Product management experience
- Research experience
Technologies we use:
- Protobufs and gRPC
- Big Data technologies (Dataproc/Databricks/Spark, Bigtable/HBase, BigQuery)
- Multi-cloud (GCP/AWS/Azure)
This position is available in Cambridge, MA and San Francisco, CA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws