Principal Software Engineer - Full Stack at Kyruus
| Greater Boston Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:11 a.m. (EST) on Friday, July 10, 2020
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
• Caring – We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
• Ownership – We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
• Respect – We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
• Empowerment – We embrace a culture that supports everyone’s ability to contribute and lead.
Here’s what that would mean for you in this role and check out our engineering blog here!
What You'll Do:
You will work with Kyruus Product Managers to understand requirements and translate them into features and capabilities. In addition to coding, you will understand requirements, figure out what to build, and then build it. You will work on both existing and new products. You will embrace Agile development practices to bring predictability and accountability to your tasks. In addition to quality of features, you will also measure the impact of your deliverables through the enablement of our Field Teams in their ease, efficiency, and seamless integration and deployment for our customers.
In this role, you'll:
• Work as part of a cross-functional Agile team (software engineers, product managers, product designers, and test automation engineers) to understand what hospital systems need and define and create software to meet those needs.
• Spend most of your time building single-page applications in React from designs and specifications.
Help your team create robust software by contributing throughout the stack when needed (Flask/Python microservices, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services infrastructure).
• Mentor junior and senior engineers, and be mentored by other Principal Engineers and Architects.
You'll be successful if:
• You have 8+ years’ experience developing commercial SaaS software using modern architectures and design patterns for performance, scalability, availability, and seamless deployment.
• You enjoy coding and deliver high-quality, robustly designed, easy-to-reason-about software with your proficiency in Python and ability to use Flask to build microservices.
• Experience with Git/Bitbucket to build, manage and version control software.
• You love coding, and you crank out high-quality, easy-to-reason-about production software. You understand software design patterns (Functional, OOP, Procedural), and you know why they are important.
• You are able to take uncertain requirements, ask the right questions to solidify them, and then break them down into the parts that you can build.
• You take responsibility for quality. You always write comprehensive unit and functional tests with tools.
• You're skilled at communicating your thoughts and designs to your teammates, and you're good at giving constructive criticism.
• You function best as part of a team and you are passionate about teaching and learning.
You'll be amazing if you are all of the above, plus:
• You are familiar with Python and using Flask to build microservices.
• You are experienced in working as part of an Agile/Scrum team and in a DevOps culture.
• You have experience creating, interpreting, and executing finite state machines and statecharts (XState)
• You understand authentication/authorization, and have secured your applications using OAuth(2) and JSON Web Tokens.
• You are comfortable using Amazon Web Service components (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Lambda) to build scalable, resilient solutions.
• You believe continuous deployment, integration and monitoring is important, and have familiarity with tools such as Jenkins, NewRelic, DataDog, PagerDuty and Sentry.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.
Read Full Job Description