Chewy is looking to hire a Principal Software Engineer for the Customer Platforms team in Boston, MA. As a principal engineer, you will lead the design, architecture, implementation, and evolution of platforms that power the customer service applications and storefront applications. This role will give you the chance to use your deep technical expertise to accelerate the adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends, and practices. You will help drive innovation, scalability and maintainability while being a mentor for our engineering teams. Above all, you will be a leader who gains the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executives.
What You'll Do:
- Develop Systems / Component architectures and APIs for a rapidly scaling platform, while ensuring successful product delivery and operational excellence.
- Design, develop and implement large-scale distributed systems with large volumes of data, focusing on scalability, latency, and resiliency.
- Articulate and evangelize architectural principles with engineering teams that ensure that system components align with Chewy’s business direction.
- Align with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization, while acting as a trusted advisor for the Engineering organization.
- Lead research and PoC initiatives for cloud native designs and implementation within public clouds, primarily AWS.
- Represent the Customer Platforms team in the architecture guild and shape its initiatives.
- Think big and beyond the Customer Platforms team to influence enterprise technical roadmap.
- Conduct design/code reviews while raising the bar for all of engineering
- Debug critical hard to solve production issues across services and tech stack
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of services
What You'll Need:
- 15+ years of industry work experience
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience with containerization
- Strong programming language experience in Java
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience presenting to Senior Leadership and C-Suite
- Position may require travel
- Strong engineering background building Products that are E-Commerce scale
- Prior roles in E-Commerce or in technology companies
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]