Lose It! for Android has been a staple of the Google Play Health & Fitness category for years. Our product-first strategy has resulted in over 100k daily active Android users that we're able to help live healthier lives. It's important to us that we continue to improve our app, staying at the forefront of Android, and often adopting the very latest platform capabilities.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Android team at Lose It!, you'll help design and build new features, products, and capabilities for our mobile app. We believe that small teams of talented people can do great things, so we're looking for someone that can contribute to all phases of building a great product.
- Lead and collaborate across multiple teams to set strategic goals, deliver on projects and drive the business forward
- Work with other engineers and teams to create and maintain features, products, and capabilities using Java and Kotlin
- Solve problems, squash bugs, maintain quality, and adapt quickly to change
- Lead discussions on developing features and contribute to weekly team meetings
- Independently own and complete tasks
- Be responsive to giving and receiving feedback including peer code review
- Live the Lose It! Values every day
What do we look for in a team member?
- Someone who is motivated, responsive, self-directed and can get things done autonomously with the help and support of the team
- Resolves any issues with processes and strategies for Android product
- Contributes a positive attitude and is highly influential within the Android development team and across the company
- Supports teammates and provides feedback; makes the developers around them better
- Has an extremely deep understanding of the Android platform and collaborates with others outside engineering to define strategy for product
- Has hands-on experience writing code
- Consistently asks questions and uses answers to solve problems
Want to learn more about us beyond what you're reading, come talk to us and find out firsthand what it's like to work at Lose It! We encourage you to reach out to some of our team members to learn more about us. We are open, transparent and honest about who we are.
How to Apply
At the core of our mission, benefits, and mindset, we are here to help our customers. If you're ready to create great products with a real impact on real people, we may be the company for you. Send us an email with your resume to our jobs email: [email protected] . Please include the position title in the subject.
What We Have to Offer
When we are together in the office, it's in the heart of downtown Boston in a modern workspace which matches our personality. We have the energy of a start-up culture but with the stability of a profitable business with plans for the future. It's never been a more exciting time to work in tech - come share in our success.
Lose It! offers incredible benefits, flexible hours, and a balanced approach to work and life. Here are some of our perks and benefits for full-time employees:
- 100% of monthly health, dental and vision care insurance premiums, less $1 nominal fee (50¢ per pay period) and an HRA component which pays 100% of any deductible amount
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA & DCA)
- 401k plan and matching program
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Bonus Program
- Medical/Parental leave benefits
- Generous paid time off, flexible hours and summer Fridays
- 1+ weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Casual dress code
- Frequent company outings and trips
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 our employees have been working remotely from their homes and some office related benefits are currently not active and/or have shifted while employees are working remotely including the addition of a one time home office stipend to reimburse employees for equipment costs. While we would love to be back in the office soon, employee health is a priority for us. All employees will have the option to work remotely minimally through September 2021 and we will adjust that date if needed.
Employment at Lose It! is based solely on a person's qualifications. Lose It! does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, alienage, citizenship status, ethnicity, partnership status, caregiver status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or union membership, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to maintaining a respectful work environment and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Violation of our Anti-harassment policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.