Lose It! for Android has been a staple of the Google Play Health & Fitness category for years. Our product-first strategy has resulted in over 100k daily active Android users that we’re able to help live healthier lives. It’s important to us that we continue to improve our app, staying at the forefront of Android, and often adopting the very latest platform capabilities.
As a Principal Software Engineer for Android at Lose It!, you'll help design and build new features, products, and capabilities for our mobile app. We believe that small teams of talented people can do great things, so we're looking for someone that can contribute to all phases of building a great product.
What makes a great Principal Software Engineer at Lose It!?
- Executes tactical efforts autonomously using Java and Kotlin
- High productivity; writes a lot of code
- Very responsive; quickly adapts to code feedback
- Extremely deep understanding of Android platform, Java and Kotlin
- Supports teammates; makes the developers around them better
- Resolves any issues with processes and strategies for the Android product
- Highly influential within the Android development team and across the company
- Collaborates with others outside engineering to define strategy for product
Sound like the perfect role for you? Send us your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject. In your cover letter, quickly tell us why you think you'd be a great fit for Lose It!
We are hiring in Boston, MA and Charleston, SC. Due to COVID-19, we are working remotely until April 2021.
About Lose It!
Lose It! is a leading consumer software company based in the heart of Boston. Our app and online platforms have helped people get healthier and lose over 90 million pounds worldwide, through calorie tracking and social support. With a top grossing Health & Fitness app in both the iOS and Android app stores and millions of members returning to use the app each week, we're proud of the impact that we've had and are passionate about mobilizing the world to achieve a healthy weight.
We’re a small, fast-paced team that loves trying new things. It’s okay to make mistakes; failure is essential to innovation. This mindset makes us a great fit for growth-minded individuals who value lifetime learning and thrive in iterative work environments.
At the core of our mission, benefits, and mindset, we are here to help our customers. If you’re ready to create great products with a real impact on real people, we’re the company for you.
Note: Since the outbreak of COVID-19 our employees have been working remotely from their homes. While we would love to be back in the office soon, our existing team and any new team members have the option to work remotely through the rest of 2020.
From its founding, Lose It! has been built with a long-term vision to help the most people achieve a healthy weight. The mission we are trying to achieve is difficult, and we’re committed to creating a business that can continue to invest in member success for years to come. The way we work, and the benefits we provide, are intended to create a culture that prioritizes employee health and wellness for the long-term.
Just like every weight loss journey is unique, each of our employees brings a unique perspective to the work that we do. The best version of our team is one that is diverse in backgrounds, lifestyles, and experiences. Employment at Lose It! is based solely on a person’s qualifications. Lose It! does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, alienage, citizenship status, ethnicity, partnership status, caregiver status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to maintaining a respectful work environment and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Violation of our Anti-harassment policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Perks & Benefits
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Flexible hours
- Open vacation policy
- Profit sharing
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- 1+ weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Premiums are paid for by Lose It!
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k plan
- Casual dress code
- Company lunches and happy hours
- Weekly organic fruit delivery
- Frequent company outings and trips