At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As Principal Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for many of the innovative features we’ll be working on, working on projects of exceptionally deep technical complexity, as well as helping us navigate our technical vision ensuring we’re always continually setting a high standard for what we produce.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Pioneer future development and technical execution for the services that drive our consumer travel app
- Mentor and drive team members towards an inspiring vision, being a huge proponent of best practices, performance and reliability
- Deliver complex features and help our team pioneer new functionalities for our customers
- Collaborate directly with the company’s technology leadership on ensuring Hopper’s success
- Mentor and coach technical team members
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Thrived in complex microservices ecosystem and written robust and well-performing web services
- A drive to iterate architecture in harmony with an agile workflow
- Designed and developed new microservices in an environment fueling the actions and experience of millions of users
- Experience leading an Agile development team
- A love of learning and teaching
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to our more than 40 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!