Principal - Site Reliability Engineering at Humana Studio_h
The Principal Site Reliability Engineering Leader will be accountable for leading a team of individuals who are responsible for driving technology & systems quality, resiliency, availability and operational efficiency improvements across the enterprise.
- Build & lead a multifaceted team focused on driving improvements in tech quality, resiliency and availability as well as spreading Humana’s best practices and requirements for Site Reliability Engineering
- Ensure technology operations consistency across the enterprise by influencing and coordinating closely with IT Operations Directors in both the development and infrastructure spaces
- Create enterprise wide status reporting reflecting the coordinated quality, resiliency and availability improvement efforts from across all technology areas
- Drive efforts across the enterprise focused on Major Incident and IUM reductions
- Establish and evolve SRE best practices in coordination with Engineering, Security and Infrastructure teams
- Build out a strategy and best practices in the creation of a consistent “Go For Green” process to be used across the enterprise for systems supported by SRE
- Work closely with the SRE Towers, DRO, AIOps and Automation teams on designing, coding and implementing selected critical improvements that improve resiliency, quality and availability or reduce human effort
- Develop and nurture critical feedback loops between technology and business operations functions to create knowledge and actionable insights which can be used to drive improvements
- Ability to make solid business decisions in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Full understanding of Humana’s SRE function or of SRE capabilities in general
- 10+ years of previous experience in a large application or infrastructure support environment
- Demonstrated and advanced skills in Command and Control on major initiatives
- Ability to lead and influence diverse team members who may not all report to you
- A leader in Strategic and Out-Of-The-Box thinking
- Demonstrated ability to go beyond what is asked for and envision and deliver what is needed
- Ability to inspire a team of direct reports focused on driving system improvements
- Ability to engage with leaders at the VP level and above, both in technology and business
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or other related fields
- Lean or Six Sigma experience