Principal Site Reliability Engineer at Nuance
The Principal SRE / DevOps Developer will be part of a dynamic team, collaborating with the R&D organization to build out a release pipeline for their products and services. They will be participating by helping to ensure the infrastructure portion of the service stack has an SDLC and that the processes and environments force quality and correctness into the dev/test cycles prioritizing service Availability, Performance, Capacity, Security and Compliance.
The successful candidate will be recognized as a powerful voice in the devops/infrastructure-as-code domain, able to articulate deep and broad knowledge in a SaaS environment. You will take complete ownership of issues and of the success of your customers and peers in the build and support of this internal PaaS offering.
Knowledge, skills, and qualifications -
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
Minimum years of work experience:8 years
- 5+ years proven development skills in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, .net C#, etc)
- Good programming skills with a scripting language such as Python or GoLang
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineer, Automation, Infrastructure as code.
- Experience in Software Development and its different best practices
- Experience with CI/CD tools and automation using the CI/CD pipeline
- 5 years of experience in a SaaS environment
- Container development and orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and DevOps concepts.
- Multiple infrastructure expertise from: network, database, operating systems or storage.
- Python / Bash / PowerShell or other scripting experience
- Hands on knowledge of K8
- Experience with operating large-scale production systems in the Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- 5+ years' experience in support of distributed systems with Linux & Windows knowledge.
- Experience in a role with hands on complex Technical Problem Solving as a daily duty.
- Experience with software build and release engineering.
- Ability to operate in the fast pace environment
- Self-motivated & willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Be curious and ask questions
- Knowledge of administrative tools and protocols
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools such as Azure ARM Templating or Terraform
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools such as SaltStack, Puppet or Ansible
- Understanding and experience in cloud infrastructure and platforms, such as Azure
- Python /PowerShell or other scripting experience
- Azure SQL or Cosmos DB
- Telephony knowledge, SIP, SIPREC, RTP
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.