Principal Site Reliability Engineer at Nuance
The Principal Site Reliability Engineer is a self-starter and be able to manage and prioritize many tasks at any given time. Must have good communication skills and possess the ability to follow up with groups across the company. The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced technical environment. Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-through are very important for this role. Monitoring the platform, reacting to problems, and proactively addressing issues before they affect performance or availability is going to be a prime focus for this individual. In this role, the candidate will work on products that are used by various health care providers to provide healthcare and life critical services to patients around the world.
- Use process and best practices to ensure our platform and its applications are stable and performant.
- Keep the customer-facing applications and services always available.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage releases and their deployment.
- Proactively identify hurdles to stability and implement self-healing and resiliency initiatives.
- Build and maintain tools that will help with day-to-day activities and orchestration of our cloud environments.
- Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment.
- Participate in the Incident and Problem Management processes and assist the teams in ensuring proper RCAs are documented and follow-ups are delivered.
- Communicate with software engineers, QA engineers, product management and operations staff on a daily basis for sharing ideas, status on ongoing work and prioritizing future work.
- Implement Infrastructure as a service and Infrastructure as code practices wherever applicable.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies internally as well as externally, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar engineering field and 5 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience working as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer or at a similar capacity operating a highly scalable and distributed cloud-based platform.
- 3+ years’ experience with operating products in the Cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- 2+ years’ experience designing cloud hosted solutions that provide maximum reliability and performance.
- 3+ years’ experience with Infrastructure as Code Programming language like Terraform.
- 3+ years’ experience with Container Technologies like Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- 3+ years’ experience with monitoring technologies like Elk/Kibana, NewRelic, Prometheus etc.
- 2+ years’ experience with configuration management systems like Salt, Chef, Puppet or Ansible etc.
- 2+ years’ experience with continuous integration and delivery systems like Jenkins, Azure DevOps etc.
- 2+ years’ experience with scripting language like Python, Perl, PowerShell etc.
- 2+ years’ experience using source control systems such as Git and Perforce.
- 2+ years’ experience with TCP/IP networking and debugging.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a Linux and Windows environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL or equivalent language.
- 3+ years’ experience working in an Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams (Engineering, QA, release management, network operations, product management, professional services, etc.).
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to drive the day-to-day activities of internal resources.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
- Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities.
- Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies (DNS, HTTP, streaming, web servers, etc.) a strong plus.
- Ability to build, use and configure metrics collection, reporting and alerting systems.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.