Principal Site Reliability Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
A self-starter and will work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules, Support DevSecOps excellence and Site Reliability through an automation pipeline -defined approach to operations, security and Azure infrastructure. Deploy systems and infrastructure that enables: pipeline driven testing, build various tools, systems and infrastructure that enables cloud native monitoring, continuous integration, Horizontal and vertical scalability, build and Perform failure injection testing into the dev/test cycles which enable quality and site reliability and prioritize service availability, Performance, Capacity, Security and Compliance,
Key Success factors:
- Has the drive to constantly raise the bar to improve how we deliver our portfolio of products.
- Biased towards action oriented, capable of time slicing well based on priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, Proactive and self-motivated – willing to improve on existing processes to allow for faster iterations.
- Plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
- Proactively identify hurdles to stability and implement self-healing and resiliency initiatives.
- Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment.
- Use Terraform to build, manage, secure, flexible, productive Azure infrastructures that support research, development, and production projects of the application and research teams.
- Implement automated processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency and scalability.
- 5 years experience building and operating Azure public cloud solutions.
- 5 year Experience with operating large-scale production systems in the Cloud (GCP, Azure).
- 3 years of experience with Python 3, PowerShell., in a production DevSecOps environment.
- 8+ years of Linux and Windows administration and/or expert knowledge.
- S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant work experience.
- Experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer or a similar role operating a highly scalable and distributed platform.
- Experience working in a Docker, Kubernetes; environment.
- Experience with scripting language like Python, PowerShell etc., Knowledge of basic Azure tcp/ip networking and DNS, including NSG, Vnet, peering, routing.
- DevSecOps Skills – knowledge of end to end encryption, perform static and dynamic scanning of application code, and infrastructure as code remediation practices necessary to ensure the security and Site reliability of production Azure applications.
- Manage Azure Kubernetes Services Infrastructure.
- Experience with SQL , including understanding stored procedures and triggers.
- Experience with configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt etc., Ability to build, use and configure metrics collection, reporting and alerting systems.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.