Principal Site Reliability Engineer
We are a division of ASICS, based out of Kobe, Japan. Our goal is to “get the whole world moving” by developing innovative direct-to-consumer personalized experiences that improve the entirety of our customers lives. We are responsible for the continued development and evolution of global e-commerce platforms and other digital services that empower and encourage people to get moving and achieve “A Sound Mind, in a Sound Body.”
The SRE team is searching for a team-oriented software engineering professional with passion and experience delivering cloud-based CI/CD platform solutions. This site reliability engineering role will make strategic contributions to our development platform and promote practices to provide best-in-class development experiences across the SDLC.
You will contribute to building a global platform of services and APIs that power experiences for our customers across the globe.
This role requires technical expertise, collaboration, and influence with engineers within the organization. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in software engineering, DevOps, Cloud, and SDLC automation.
- Build new SDLC automation tools, frameworks, and code pipelines (CI/CD pipelines). Share best practices with a focus on the re-use of application code. Demonstrate consistent software delivery practices and produce CI/CD platform solutions using AWS Cloud, infrastructure as code (IaC), GitOps, and container technologies.
- Participate in complex work refinement and help the team understand/interpret solution requirements and set and achieve project milestones through thoughtful technical delivery.
- Improve the continuous build, inspection, testing, and deployment of changes while maintaining high quality and maintainability.
- Analyze existing standards to identify gaps and remedies related to DevOps best practices.
- Communicate effectively with manager, team, and peers to deliver value according to the strategy and roadmap effectively with high quality. Contribute to periodic team demonstrations to share solutions and knowledge within the team and organization.
- Technically mentor, share and guide less engineering staff in your subject matter expertise. Leverage organizational relationships to better plan and position the team to achieve goals.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience with proficiency in at least one language
- 3+ years of experience building and implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD) solutions or cloud platform services
- Strong experience with versioned source control, Git operations (GitOps), git branching, and pull-request/merge-request code contribution.
- Practiced knowledge of best practices for developing infrastructure-as-code, including Terraform/Terragrunt, Packer, Linux, containers (Docker), and AWS
- Demonstrable experience hosting production container runtime environments, particularly AWS ECS, Fargate, EKS (Kubernetes)
- Practical experience with common AWS resources for web services and APIs with a solid understanding of VPC Networking and IAM
- Implement and improve full-stack observability with monitoring, APM, alerting, logging, and other techniques
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills
- The desire to contribute and share in an environment of collaboration and continuous improvement
- Experience working effectively with lean and agile software delivery practices on a team
Become a part of the ADI community:
ADI is taking active steps towards becoming a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We aim to engage in D&I work that permeates our organization and all employees are expected to be actively involved.
-ADI is a strong, global community where we collaborate and care for each other.
-We value a diversity of opinion, everyone’s input, and increasing the number of voices at the table.
-You’ll have the opportunity to join the D&I task force, participate in affinity spaces, learn and grow on your anti-racist journey. We all need to know what anti-racist is so that everyone can talk about what it actually means.
-We center our employees as full people. We don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer Description:
At ADI, we don’t just accept diversity— we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. ASICS Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.