Principal QA Engineer (Manual)
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients
Principal QA Engineer
Nuance is currently building a completely new product which combines our successful speech recognition technology with language understanding to take even more work off doctor’s shoulders. This product will be highly innovative and is intended to achieve something currently not available anywhere in the medical (or any other) market. The new software will be running in the cloud and needs to be highly scalable to support the anticipated user group – a significant percentage of medical professionals in the United States.
The Principal QA Engineer we are looking for will work with a team to test web, mobile, and server software. The candidate will be a self-starter and will work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules.
You will be working with an enthusiastic and highly skilled team in an international company. The team designing the new product is primarily located in Burlington and Vienna. Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both in written and spoken English is a must. Experience working with a distributed team is a plus.
Minimum Years of Work Experience: 8+ years
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Devise, document, and execute detailed test plans for all assigned projects.
- Conduct comprehensive testing on all software products and applications.
- Evaluate and test software programs to verify all assigned projects function according to internal and external user requirements.
- Ability to create and execute test scripts for both manual and automated.
- Identify, troubleshoot, debug, and resolve defects in software and related systems on an advanced level.
- Write test documents including test plan, test cases and test summaries.
- Ability to document knowledge of product and processes.
- Perform hands-on QA including data quality/integrity for new features and regression testing.
- Provide detailed report and analysis of all defects, risks, and issues identified during testing of all assigned projects.
- Work together with developers to resolve all identified defects, risks, and issues identified during testing of all assigned projects.
- Review support documentation for accuracy and usability.
- Assist with troubleshooting production-level issues, and support for production releases.
- Prepare projects for end-user testing.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of quality processes including, Required Documentation, and Testing Processes
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, QA, and product managers) to communicate progress and testing status
- Confident, self-motivated, with good communication skills and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent knowledge in the QA process, writing and executing test plans and experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Strong skills in scripting and automating processes.
- Experience in manual testing of browsers, iOS and/or Android applications.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills in an IT environment.
- Exceptional ability to quickly understand and work with application functionality and system technology (OS, APIs).
- Ability to multitask with proven tight deadline experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong knowledge in tools, like SilkCentral, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Continuous education - staying up to date with testing tools and test methodology.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Good knowledge in Health care software testing and familiar with medical terminologies
- Experience in testing speech recognition software is a plus.
Preferred skills: Strong Agile knowledge and Experience and healthcare software testing knowledge
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.