Principal Java Engineer
Principal Java Engineer
Skills: Java 8+, JUnit, Spring, Hibernate, microservices, REST.
Desirable Skills: Docker, Spring Boot, Dropwizard
What are you about? You love learning new programming languages and paradigms. You’re eager to experiment with emerging technologies like artificial intelligence. You’re a seasoned Java engineer who is also willing to branch out into other realms like native mobile development. You thrive on variety and seek out new technical challenges often. You’ve led project teams, and you enjoy mentoring. You hack on personal projects or contribute to open source in your free time. Your Github account speaks for itself, but you’re eager to speak about it, too.
What we’re about: Cantina is an award-winning strategic design and development agency based in Boston with expertise in digital design, mobile app and web development, IoT, connected devices, and experience strategy. We work with companies in all major industry sectors ranging from the Fortune 500 to high growth startups. Our clients include some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, and we are actively exploring and doing work in a variety of exciting areas including health & wellness, financial services, sports tech, AR & VR, and machine learning. At our core, we are team of creators, innovators, builders, designers, engineers, and strategists who love what we do. We are committed to designing and building experiences that truly matter, and that enhance the human experience. If you are excited about this opportunity, and you’ve got what it takes to make an impact in this critical role at Cantina, we want to hear from you!
The role: Our consultants create quality bespoke software in small teams, while following best practices. You'll work closely with other engineers, project managers, designers and our clients to define and implement digital experiences for web, mobile, and connected products.
- 8-10+ years’ experience using Java to build large scale enterprise applications, in an agile/scrum environment.
- Microservices architecture with a strong understanding of web and other enterprise technologies
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Familiarity with other open source languages
- Familiarity with object oriented and functional programming
- Ready and willing to ramp up on the “right tool for the right job”
- Be motivated to work collaboratively and over deliver
- Know how to identify project issues
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for target bonus of up to 20% of base salary
Benefits and perks
- 100% employer-paid insurance premiums for health, dental, vision and disability
- Optional company-paid mobile phone plan
- Company-paid bike share program
- Flexible work arrangements (such as work from home days) available upon request
- Paid parental leave for up to six (6) weeks
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Vacation time accrued to twenty (20) days per year
- Convenient downtown Boston location
- Snacks, refreshments, coffee, tea and more in the office