Principal Full Stack Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated software engineer to join our Ambient Clinical Intelligence team. You will have the opportunity to transform the healthcare industry, by changing the way doctors interact with technology and their patients. This program is moving at a startup pace and is already having a positive impact on the lives of doctors and patients.
You will get to work on and own several software components that are central to the product. This position is focused on our Java services and Angular frontend. However, we are interested in someone who loves to work with new technologies and continue learning. Our platform is growing rapidly and there will be opportunities to develop new services using different programming languages and technology.
- Write high quality, testable code in Java and Angular for our Automated Documentation backend and web application
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and improve platform architecture
- Contribute to planning, design, and process improvements as a member of a Scrum team
- Write complete and detailed unit and integration tests
- Handle multiple responsibilities with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- 8 to 10 years experience with application server development and architecture
- Experience with frontend web application development, using modern web application frameworks
- Experience developing software in a microservice architecture
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as Azure or AWS
- Experience with relational databases
- Strong in unit/functional testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Experience working with a distributed team in multiple geographic locations and time zones
B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.