Millions of pet parents with unique needs visit Chewy.com looking for products for their beloved pets. We have the task to decide what products would be most useful to them and help them discover those products. How do we do this?
Meet the Personalization team @ Chewy. We use best of machine learning techniques and continuously test the outcomes to simplify product discovery for pet parents. Our exceptional multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, software/front-end engineers and product managers work together to power personalized recommendations and product discovery for pet parents. Our mission is to make Chewy a trusted partner who meets pet-parents’ needs in an intuitively personalized and friction-free way. Our team has single threaded ownership of the space allowing us to decide impactful products that we can experiment, measure with metrics and deliver at a fast pace.
We are hiring a Principal Front-End Engineer for our Personalization team in Boston, MA. In this position, you will build scalable and robust front-end components that are re-usable and easily customizable across Chewy. You will simplify complex problems and tackling tough challenges with a focus on implementing front-end best principles and practices. You will work independently, as well as montor other engineers on complex technical solutions. As a principal engineer you will work collaboratively across teams at Chewy to architect and implement best practices and define standards for front end development.
What you'll do:
- You will work with a team of highly skilled engineers and scientists, who are developing the next generation personalization systems.
- You will be a technical lead for the team on our cross-functional projects.
- You have expert understanding of the systems, their dependencies and shortcomings.
- You hold a high bar for the quality of architecture and design of systems. Keep it simple too.
- You have expert knowledge of front-end best practices and technologies.
- You bring engineering excellence mindset to the team and drive focus on scalability, security, modularity, and performance within personalization team and across teams at Chewy.
- Actively mentor engineers and advise senior leaders in the organization.
- Through deep knowledge and experience driving influence across organization.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+years of front-end experience using various layout and rendering technologies and techniques.
- 10+ years of experience working on large consumer facing, data driver, web applications.
- Experience with common front-end languages and frameworks such as HTML, CSS, React, Vue, Angular.
- Domain expertise with build frameworks, tools, and services used for front-end development.
- Experience architecting and building reusable UI/UX components,
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud environments.
- Understanding of emerging technologies and their applicability.
- Excellent communication and consensus building skills.
- Position may require travel
- Experience building front-end frameworks that can be used across the platform easily.
- Experience with AWS technologies, dev-ops, CI/CD for front-end development.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]