*We accept applications from remote employees in the following US states: CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY and VT.
You will work closely with a product delivery team of 4 other engineers, a Product Manager, an Engineering Manager, and a User Experience Designer. Our team prides itself on ownership, close collaboration, and a drive to “get stuff done”.
- Help your team develop, and deploy full-stack SaaS using Python, Django, and React.
- Take ownership of parts of edX’s code base, including helping to prioritize, to diagnose and to fix bugs
- Work with the engineering and product teams to plan deliverables and goals
- Learn from your coworkers and share your knowledge with them through tech. talks, interest groups, company-wide demos, and hackathons.
- Develop skills by working on and helping release new features each quarter through our Agile process
- Provide technical mentorship to others.
- Drive architectural decisions that help us reduce lead time, improve reliability, and enable future growth.
- 10+ years of software development experience (more or less)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A proactive work style and the willingness to ask for help where you need it
- A track record of owning applications and for working with product and your managers to ensure system stability
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical projects from discovery to release.
- Enthusiasm for Agile/Scrum processes
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with any frontend framework like Vue.js, Angular, React, or Backbone
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.