Principal DevOps Engineer
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
At Abacus, the DevOps Engineer’s primary focus is the development of operations systems. The DevOps Team is focused on improving the telemetry around and availability of Abacus’ product offerings, while also contributing to the sustainability of engineering practice throughout the organization. We are responsible for a diverse set of tasks from across the devops spectrum, and we are acutely interested in avoiding single points of failure in both software and humans.
As a Principal Engineer in 2020, you will:
- Drive design, implementation, and adoption of our Gitlab- and AWS-based continuous delivery platform.
- Sustain and improve the deployment and operations codebases for some third-party components.
- Create system-wide solutions to incoming security and compliance requirements as we work towards HITRUST certification.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives relating to frameworks and processes which cut across the engineering organization.
As a leading candidate, you have:
- 8+ years of development experience, including some architecture and design
- 3+ years working as part of, or alongside, a linux operations team
- Deep experience with AWS, including serverless and containerized architectures
- Adjacent and supporting services
- Solid understanding of Linux systems administration and networking
- Working knowledge of the Kubernetes framework and Helm
- Demonstrable “been there, done that” expertise in continuous delivery, using one of the industry-standard platforms, such as:
- A grounding in security best practices throughout the software stack
- Fluent command of the tools of the trade:
- Serverless Framework, or similar
As a leader in the space, you are:
- Able to take a vague problem statement and design a solution
- Adept at breaking a complex course of action into bite sized chunks
- Eager to incorporate new ideas into an ever-expanding view of the SDLC
- Clear and concise in your communication
- Comfortable working alone or in a group
- Effective at raising the DevOps IQ both internally and across teams