Performance Engineer at Veeva
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:39 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, January 5, 2022
Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech’s run clinical trials and get medicines to the patients that need them. Veeva’s enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere’ company, so you can connect with teams in our new office at 100 Summer Street in Boston while also having the flexibility to work remotely from home. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
You will work with talented developers and QA engineers to help drive our cloud-based products to a new level. As a Performance Engineer, you will focus on the scalability and performance of our products and create meaningful benchmarks that address customer use cases.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute performance/scalability benchmarks for Veeva CDMS product (clinical data management system)
- Collaborate with members of the Engineering team to solve performance problems
- Monitor production performance and investigate issues
- Develop tools to automate performance monitoring, and use various profiling tools such as Yourkit to identify performance and concurrency bottlenecks
- 2+ years of experience in software QA/performance testing in a software development organization
- Proficiency with Java, MySQL, and scripting tools such as Python and Shell scripting
- Knowledge about performance engineering, including the use of JMeter, LoadRunner, or similar tools, as well as profiling tools
- Ability to debug test problems, and analyze the root causes
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker, AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
Nice to Have
- Knowledge about the ELK stack
- JVM performance tuning and debugging
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]