Optical Systems Architect at Formlabs
When breaking new ground in an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our team works closely with other engineering teams to research and product develop Formlabs next-generation printers and materials. The optics team needs an additional team member that can own an entire optical system; lead a small technical team, think at system level, work with suppliers, manage prototype builds, develop calibration strategies, and coordinate with the larger product development team to integrate the optical system into the overall product.
Do you imagine how to make a complex optical system work better? Do you want to make something that hasn't been made before? We want you to join our team as an Optical System Architect.
- Create a full optical system for future Formlabs products
- Design of calibration and manufacturing schemes
- Analysis of feature-performance tradeoffs and implications to the overall system design
- Work cross-functionally to ensure integration of your system
- Develop and manage key suppliers for optical components
- You have designed and owned optical systems from R+D through production
- Project leadership of technical teams for design of optical systems
- Experience validating optical system performance and transitioning an optical system to production
- Shipped commercial products (high-volume is a bonus)
- 5+ years of experience in the full product development life-cycle (concept to production)
- Software skills (especially Python or C++)
- Mechanical or electrical design experience
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.