We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Operations Engineer -Ordering Integration Implementation is a Solutions Engineer role charged with defining and delivering ordering solutions for our enterprise restaurant brand partners. These include the nation's largest and highest-growth brands, from sweetgreen to Dunkin' to Taco Bell and many more.
As an Operations Engineer, you will own the technical integration and launch of these partners. You will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, build delivery timelines, manage priorities for project completion, and coordinate each phase of the integration. You will be hands-on in every stage, from designing technical solutions, to coordinating with engineering and product teams, to configuring systems, to testing and troubleshooting the integration.
This position requires a mix of technical and business acumen and is excellent for those who thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments, with skills in project management, software development, cross-team coordination, and operations.
The Impact You Will Make
- Take an "owner" approach - you'll be responsible for keeping the technical project on track, organized, and appropriately communicated internally and externally.
- Use your technical chops - You'll be asked to conduct product gap analysis, test API calls (using tools like Postman), write SQL to answer data questions, and understand the rough complexity of product enhancements without engineering input.
- Switch from big picture to small details - You're just as comfortable and excited to roadmap the overall architecture of a new payment flow with a partner's CTO as you are to route through logs hunting down a pernicious bug for their QA team.
What You Bring to the Table
- You have outstanding communication skills - You'll need to work with engineering teams both within and outside of our company, and you'll spend a lot of time on calls with partners either representing our API & functionality or troubleshooting an issue.
- Be a fast learner - The software platform does a lot, and you'll need to pick up all the ins and outs of the product in your first few months on the job, and retain all of that knowledge to help you with future projects.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]