Network Software Engineer
Owl Labs is hiring a Network Software Engineer to join our diverse development team. The ideal candidate has design and development experience for building low-latency high-bandwidth network applications. Bonus if you also have experience in architecting such systems.
Owl Labs' mission is to solve a problem we've all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they've ever seen.
In this role, you will impact some of the company's most important product development goals.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Skills in designing, implementing, testing, debugging, and qualifying wireless network application software
- Intimate understanding of sockets programming and network optimization
- 2+ years of C/C++ programming experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop reliable, maintainable and robust software in Linux environment
- Experience with version control and bug tracking systems
- Strong communication skills, appreciation of documentation, and co-worker & customer empathy
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with low latency wireless peer-to-peer network software development
- Experience developing for mobile-class SOC
- Experience writing Android applications, especially interfacing with the Android NDK
- Familiarity with Video and image processing
- Familiarity with audio signal processing
- Experience with OpenGL and GPU programming
- Experience developing consumer-type products
- Strong git skills
Owl Labs is ~30% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application.