.NET Software Engineer
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
About the Team
The .NET Engineering team currently includes 10+ contributors, all of whom take the lead on at least one (or more) projects. We also work cross-functionally with members from other teams in the organization, including Design, Mobile, Platform, and White Label. The .NET Engineering team embraces a flat hierarchy, and our goal is to team up the most abled and most interested engineers to solve problems. Small pods form to tackle high-priority projects, all of which benefit from thorough testing and code review.
Curious about current projects? Here are some of the challenges that drive development for our team:
- How can we build an integration for both In-Store Ordering and Online Ordering that’s so easy to use, restaurant customers, cashiers, and operators forget it’s even there?
- How can we improve the security of our systems without placing extra burdens on end users?
- When will our system reach its breaking point? What must be done now to push back that date?
- How do we keep our development cycles fast while improving reliability?
- Seconds matter. Whether you're placing your order online, or ordering in the store, a faster experience can mean a better experience for customers and cashiers alike.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, and deliver technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, restaurants, internal tools)
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with stakeholders to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for diners, restaurants, and internal stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
You Should Have
- Experience with object oriented coding and design principles.
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Self-directed, solution-oriented problem solver who enjoys owning projects from design through release and beyond.
- Familiarity with a variety of software engineering tools including but not limited to version control systems, debuggers, test tools, and release management software.
- Interest and desire to learn and spread knowledge.
- Computer Science degree or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Professional software development experience in a modern object oriented language with a focus on .NET technologies.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.