We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
We're looking for someone to join our Branded Channel iOS team as an Engineering Manager who will be responsible for the iOS experience of our GH Direct mobile product offering. GH Direct mobile is an ordering app customized for each restaurant, with its logo, photos, and menu backed with detailed customer data and loyalty tools. You will be responsible for defining, designing, building, maintaining, and scaling new and innovative features. We aim to be a restaurant's preferred partner for all of their online ordering, so we are looking to continuously improve and provide better value to our restaurant partners. Our Engineering Managers wear a lot of hats - you will work with other technology teams, product managers, product designers, and business stakeholders to build a frictionless branded online ordering experience used by restaurants all over the country.
The Impact You Will Make
- Lead and coach a team of senior and junior engineers tasked with delivering performant, flexible, and scalable features to Grubhub restaurants and their diners.
- Craft a meaningful vision for the team, working in concert with product managers and other multi-location technology teams. Guide the team as you build out features that impact both diners and restaurants.
- Work with product and business leaders to identify the roadmap and build deliverables and timelines.
- Run your team's agile ceremonies. Positively influence the planning, refinement, and execution of your team's goals in a rapid development environment.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Build and utilize metrics to analyze features as they are deployed to Production to ensure they are functioning as expected and properly alerting when necessary.
- Contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
What You Bring to the Table
- 7+ years software engineering experience including 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience managing a team of mobile engineers and providing mentorship and coaching on career growth.
- Professional native iOS development experience in Swift or Objective C
- Experience architecting and developing scalable iOS applications. Experience in eCommerce is a plus.
- Experience writing comprehensive unit, UI, and end to end testing applicable for native applications (XCTest, Appium, etc)
- Experience developing in Ruby on Rails or similar scaffolding frameworks is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field or equivalent experience
- And you exemplify the behaviors we strive to achieve as leaders and use as a guide to measure our performance. These behaviors are a practical manifestation of our Grubhub values:
- Build and enable great teams - Leaders recruit, inspire, grow and empower amazing people and teams. They remove blockers, coach, and build mechanisms to enable scale, efficiency, and quality.
- We recognize, celebrate, and double down on success - Our employees are multi-faceted, recognizing their skills and interests will keep our people engaged and motivated.
- Know what you're talking about - We dive deep, understanding the subject matter at the absolute not the abstract level. We build trust because we understand and focus on the details.
- High Bar - Leaders set the bar high, push the boundaries, and hold themselves and teams accountable.
- Innovative - Leaders think long-term and platform-wide, inventing their way around constraints to deliver breakthrough solutions, not settling for the status quo.
- Make Informed Decisions - We favor data-driven, objective decisions. Never myopic or short sighted, always focused on what's right for Grubhub. We are also willing to revisit the decision when the world changes.
- Ownership - Leaders own problems, decisions, and messages. We look for people to broaden their responsibility and accountability beyond the things they directly own or have direct influence over.
- Humble and self-critical - Leaders always learn, admit mistakes, and strive to improve.
- Trust and respect - Leaders earn trust through the consistency, transparency, and fairness of their actions. We always treat others with respect.
- Get stuff done - Leaders focus on results. They simplify complexity, executing with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Communicates Effectively - Listen actively, stay engaged in conversation, be genuine & authentic, understand impact of words and nonverbal cues.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: In the event the role you are applying for requires you to report to an office, you must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]