Mechanical Engineer at Evolv Technology
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to help us develop innovative system architectures and design modules and accessories for our security products which are designed for both indoor and outdoor use. The ideal candidate enjoys analytical problem solving and has experience designing and analyzing mechanical systems as well as practical knowledge of medium volume plastics manufacturing methods including machining, stamping, pultrusion, extrusion casting, and injection molding. In this role, you will work with Evolv’s operations, manufacturing supply chain, and quality organizations as well as vendors to ensure a smooth product launch and sustain volume production.
You have a BS in Mechanical Engineering and at least five years of experience in mechanical design, preferably working with large, complex mechanical structures and electromechanical systems. You have a thorough understanding and use of the principals, theories, and concepts in mechanical engineering, as well as hands-on experience crafting simple proof of concept models for production level design implementation. You excel at multi-tasking and you have a high attention to detail. You are very organized, with strong analytical and communication skills. Previous experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment is a strong plus. In addition, you can demonstrate the following:
- Experience delivering at least two complex mechanical systems from concept to production
- Experience writing functional specifications, design verification plans, technical test procedures, CAD drawings, and tolerance stack analysis
- SolidWorks CAD experience with best practices for part design, advanced assemblies, and complex configuration management
- Strong track record of working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production, including specification, design, prototyping, validation, and testing
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA), modeling, simulation, and thermal analysis (both forced air and free convection systems) is a strong plus
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team of researchers, engineers, and manufacturing executives who share our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you