We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer II to join our team that is developing the next generation of 3D printers. You will leverage your expertise in mechanism and machine design to help launch the next generation of additive manufacturing equipment. You’ll work in a multi-disciplinary team including electrical, software, and systems engineering to drive cross functional solutions to difficult problems. You’ll contribute to the entire lifecycle of products, from prototyping to production.
What you will own:
- Design components, mechanisms, and electromechanical subsystems for 3D printers and associated products using best practices in DFMA to meet design specifications
- Develop and execute test plans to evaluate performance of designs
- Root cause performance issues, identify corrective and preventative actions, and work cross functionally to resolve problems
- Build detailed design packages for transfer to production
- Support operations engineering and manufacturing in NPI and continuous improvement of existing products
- Advocate for best practices, driving cross functional collaboration and continuous improvement of designs, processes and tools
- Pursue the rapid creation and transfer of knowledge to drive technical progress and efficient decision making
- Clearly and proactively communicate to others within and across projects and function
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, (M.S. preferred)
- 3+ years demonstrated success delivering complex electromechanical systems including industrial automation equipment, robots or similar systems that combine actuation systems, motion control, custom sensor integration, electronics, thermal systems or similar content.
- Strong fundamentals in the field of Mechanical Engineering including design and analysis from 1st principles, trade-studies, failure analysis and system level design
- Demonstrated proficiency in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: Machine design, DMFA, Systems analysis, systems modeling, control theory, Electronics packaging & thermal management, Electro-mechanical actuators & sensors, Thermodynamics and fluid dynamics, FEA, CFD, Root cause analysis, Structured problem solving