Materials Technician at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The 3D printing industry is exploding, and materials development presents one of the greatest opportunities to innovate in 3D printing. Developing new materials allows us to expand our user base and branch out into new applications. Our materials science team works closely with hardware and software engineers to develop and troubleshoot new resins that produce the results our customers need.
Are you an inspired, hands-on person who loves working in the lab? Are you good at meticulously gathering data points? Do you thrive in an autonomous research environment? We want you to join our team as a Materials Technician. In this role you will report to our materials leader.
- Provide technical support to and work closely with our Materials Scientists
- Work with a team of diverse scientists to design and execute experiments, characterize materials, and develop print settings
- Meticulously log data and outcomes and communicate them effectively within the team
- Take part in organizing the workspace and work environment
- Have at least one (1) year relevant laboratory and material characterization working experience
- Are safety-conscious and ready to actively promote safe behavior & lab operations
- Efficiently document, analyze, and share data
- Work with a high-level of autonomy
- Programming (Python, Matlab)
- Experience with 3D printing
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.