To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The 3D printing industry is exploding, and materials development presents one of the greatest opportunities to innovate in 3D printing. New materials allow us to expand our user base and branch out into new applications. Our materials science team works closely with hardware and software engineers to develop and troubleshoot new resins that produce the results our customers need.
If you are a scientist or engineer with experience in polymer development who’s excited to break new ground in an industry that’s moving at lightning speed, we want you as a Materials Scientist.
- Develop high performance photopolymers for 3D printing from initial exploration to scaling for production
- Work with hardware and software engineers to optimize printing performance
- Wear the white labcoat with pride
- A creative and resourceful problem-solver
- An expert in materials science and polymer development
- Passionate about testing and troubleshooting, not afraid to test hundreds of times
- Can design and conduct rigorous experiments to optimize materials
- Love to harness data and statistical tools to improve results
- Well versed in wet lab work and modern R&D practices
- Effectively utilize literature searches to inform your work
- Focus and produce results with minimal guidance
- Can manage projects and multitask
- Understand the value of good documentation
- Excited to collaborate with a diverse group of scientists and engineers
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience developing materials for 3D printing, especially photopolymers!
- 3D CAD modeling (Solidworks)
- Programming (Python, Matlab)
- Design for Manufacturability
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.