To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As we continue to develop new technology that pushes the envelope of what is possible with 3D printers, we’re looking for a hands on engineering technician to help us build the impossible. You’ll work with our print process team to invent, develop, and advance our core printing technology. The print process team sits at the intersection of all our engineering disciplines and combines pragmatic engineering with science to invent the best way to print in 3D.
Are you thorough and good at meticulously gathering data points? Can you communicate and thrive in a fast-paced work environment? Are you a maker and love DIY projects? We want you to join our team as a Manufacturing Technician.
- Design and execute tests to verify new design changes
- Conduct First Article Inspections of parts
- Create technical drawings of parts for machining, printing, and more
- Assist in de-risking efforts by validating alternative component sources
- Assemble and verify factory machinery and test jigs
- Create documentation and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for changes and test procedures
- Work autonomously after given a set of tasks and deadlines
- Have experience with experimental design (DOE) and data analysis and plotting
- Are comfortable with programming and scientific computing, ideally Python or Matlab
- Are familiar with mechanical design, mechatronics, and CAD modeling (Solidworks/OpenScad a plus)
- Have a college degree in a STEM field
- Previous work on a consumer product.
- Familiar with command-line tools (e.g. ssh) and able to navigate a terminal interface.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision benefits
- Parental leave
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunch 3 times a week
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.