Manufacturing Technical Manager
We are seeking a Manufacturing Technical Manager with a passion for 3D printing. This position will focus on managing and developing a team that enhances plant technical performance and maintenance. We are seeking a candidate with expertise managing manufacturing systems, continuous improvement, and working cross-functionally between multiple teams. Having a technical-aptitude, attention to detail, and a creative mind is important for this role. This position is well suited for an experienced Hands-on Engineer willing to get their hands dirty. The nature of the position requires an engineer who is adaptable to change, and has the ability to thrive in an evolving work environment and culture.
This is a full time position that will report to the Director of Manufacturing.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate the engineering efforts for continuous improvement of manufacturing technology
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians responsible for maintenance of tooling and manufacturing equipment
- Develop and manage engineering budgets and capital programs
- Update and maintain the plant technical engineering standards
- Facilitate large and small project scope development while interfacing with outside engineering support and vendors
- Improve safety and minimize risks of operations, product quality, productivity, recovery, equipment reliability, etc.
- Be accountable for hardware, data systems and processing development for new product introductions
- Recommend equipment modifications and make capital and tooling acquisition decisions within approved budgets
- Develop and launch technical and maintenance programs, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate construction and engineering activities within the constraints of the manufacturing plant
- Working with Quality, Customer Service and Engineering to determine root cause through failure investigation, and develop and implement corrective and preventative actions, as required
- Help develop production test plans, requirements and specifications
- Provide manufacturing insight and project deliverables for new or modified production projects and insure timely transition into manufacturing, with consideration to design, cost effectiveness and process validation
We’re looking for:
- Ability to direct projects from design through launch. Direct all tasks such as ordering of tooling and equipment. machine installation, prototype handling, packaging, quantity and placement of WIP, operator training, process control plans, budgeting, etc.
- Minimum of five years experience in manufacturing engineering, continuous processing, extrusion, injection molding, or assembly in the manufacturing industry
- A team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Five years of increasing supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- ISO management and implementation knowledge
- Experience driving Lean 6S and Kaizen initiatives
- A team player who has the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Adapts to change and ambiguity
- Highly organized, systematic, and precise
- Analytical understanding and critical thinking
- Bachelor's Degree in either Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Or Manufacturing
- Prefer a Master’s degree in engineering management or similar field
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning and teaching, data-driven decisions, and makings things work. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description