At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in over 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The manufacturing engineer will be responsible for sustaining product quality, process design, production efficiency, supplier management, driving product cost reduction and product consistency.
- Drive and support production excellence and efficiency.
- Set quality goals and expectations and create reports to track results.
- Set cost savings goals and expectations and create reports to track results.
- Design and implement tooling and fixtures to support assembly and drive process improvement.
- Manage supplier quality audit program and ensure compliance.
- Work on dual sourcing initiatives and supplier launch initiatives.
- Lead VA/VE and Kaizen events.
- Create value stream maps for key processes and identify risks.
- Identify gaps and best practices to enhance MarkForged operations.
We're looking for people who:
- Have a bachelor's degree in engineering
- Have 5+ years related experience
- Have a passion for manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Are self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude
- Demonstrate leadership and problem solving abilities
- Manage multiple projects with a sharp attention to detail
- Posses strong analytical skills
- Communicate (oral, written and numerical) exceptionally to all levels of the organization
- Have experience with production best practices such as LEAN manufacturing, 5S and Six Sigma
Read Full Job Description