Manufacturing Engineer - Supply Chain
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The components we source from all over the world are essential to the success of our products and company. We must carefully balance our needs to lower costs while ensuring high-performance, reliability, and abundant supply. You’ll work with our suppliers face-to-face to expand the capabilities of Formlabs and directly improve our products. If you are an engineer who can improve our supply chain, we want you to join our Supply Chain team as a Supply Chain Engineer.
- Collaborate with design engineers moving products from design to production
- Procure materials for development and manufacturing; identifying and ordering the proper parts quantities, negotiate pricing and shipment terms and overseeing the delivery of materials needed to fulfill customer orders
- Implement cost reduction measures through contract negotiation, identifying multiple sources and value engineering
- Identify and evaluating new vendors
- Data compilation and reporting to provide status updates on supply chain effectiveness and opportunities for improvement
- Manager who can hold suppliers to their promises
- Ready to source, contact, and evaluate potential suppliers for quality, reliability, and capacity
- Able to clearly state wants and needs with suppliers as well as our engineering team
- Open to travel and visit suppliers in all corners of the earth to find the highest quality components
- Able to implement QC measures for components on the manufacturing floor
- Capable of tracking key BOM components to ensure a steady supply of parts
- Team player who can work with a variety of teams on-site and remotely
- Manufacturing and procurement experience
- Skill for electronics and mechanical schematics
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.