At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone can’t help us achieve this ambition. That’s why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for supporting and mentoring our engineers as they deliver our product roadmap. This role sits in the Engineering department and reports to a Director, Engineering. Managers of Software Engineering will help grow the team by hiring engineers that embody Wellframe’s core values of collaboration, tenacity and humility. They will lean on their expertise in developing Agile processes, engineering development best practices and test automation to help the team deliver solutions with exemplary quality.
Areas of Responsibility:
Supervise the delivery of product roadmap
- Acts a scrum master for at least one of the engineering teams.
- Coordinate with product managers and engineering leadership on the planning and sequencing of work.
- Communicate status of deliverables internally in the organization and externally to clients.
- Remove any impediments that block engineers from delivering features on time.
- Proactively identify any process or technology improvements that can enhance the productivity of the team.
- Identify areas of strategic technical debt and help balance business priorities against proactively paying off technical debt.
Contribute to product roadmap
- Help design and deliver features and bug fixes.
Guide the career growth of our engineers
- Work closely with engineers to tailor a career growth plan.
- Provider mentorship and feedback to engineers to help them achieve their growth plan.
Lead recruiting efforts
- Help hire engineers that embody Wellframe’s core values.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- At least 2 years of experience mentoring and leading engineers.
- At least 5 years of relevant technical expertise.
- Proficiency in either Java or Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in coaching and growing engineering teams.
- Expertise in leading Agile/Scrum ceremonies.
- Experience in writing automated tests.
- Proven track record in leading projects from inception to delivery.
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care.
Behaviors & Traits Required
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accepts feedback graciously.
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice.
- Stays up-to-date on industry best practices and new technologies.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.