Manager, Programmatic at Klaviyo
Why You Should Join the Performance Marketing Team
Are you a subject matter expert in programmatic media buying and ad technology? Do you constantly look at ways to test new bid strategies and inventory sources (SPO)? Are you more technically savvy, with an ability to spot mis-firing tags or broken creative links? Can you recite all the different inventory sources, ad formats and data assets across each DSP? If so, we’re looking for you to join our fast-growing Performance Marketing team. As a Manager, Programmatic, you’ll have ownership of expanding our programmatic footprint into Video, Display, CTV, Audio, and Native while constantly looking for new opportunities to scale our reach and increase campaign efficiencies. You’ll recommend media investments, scale/expand audience personas, build/optimize a full funnel marketing program—all directly delivering against Klaviyo’s ambitious goals this year and beyond!
The marketing team is special — a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group more diverse and broaden our collective thought.
Our customers aren’t simply special. To us, they are our lifeblood. They are entrepreneurs. Parents. Providers. They put their livelihood on the line every day to make their dreams come true. Our customers are inspired and inspiring. We have helped over 65,000 of them grow and yet we have millions more people to serve and work to do to get there.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Design, execute, and maintain a global evergreen Programmatic program on self-service DSPs e.g. GMP, The Trade Desk, Amazon
- Own end-to-end campaign strategy and activation including building audiences, identifying and establishing Private Marketplaces and expanding to new ad formats and channels
- Utilize deep experience in programmatic activation and ad tech to build/iterate on a roadmap that addresses industry-wide trends and impending challenges to audience/data centric tactics
- Gather and analyze campaign performance, leveraging platform data and marketing analytics to inform in-flight optimizations and deliver future recommendations
- Architect ambitious test plans across DSPs, audiences, inventory sources, creative, ad format and landing page experience including expansion into new emerging channels e.g. podcasts, OTT, CTV
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally to align campaign strategies and goals across the organization including Brand, Lifecycle, Product Marketing, Content Marketing, Self-Serve Growth, Web, and SEO
- Provide ongoing actionable insights including presenting wrap reports with key learnings and best practices to stakeholders
- Oversee and manage the overall global budget for Programmatic spend including forecasting, daily pacing, tracking and allocation/shifts by platform
- Stay up to date on digital marketing trends, emerging channels and new ad products to be our pulse on the constantly evolving digital advertising/adtech landscape
- Ensure best practices and innovation including acting as Programmatic and Ad Tech SME responsible for knowledge sharing across capabilities and teams
Who You Are
- 7+ years of digital media and/or campaign management experience with a minimum of 4 years of hands-on programmatic activation including ad ops/trafficking functions
- Demonstrative understanding of ad tech ecosystem including DSPs, SSPs, Ad Servers, Ad Verification and Tag Management with ability to differentiate and evaluate by technical features, ad products, optimization levers, platform limitations and product roadmap
- Knowledge and direct experience with creating, trafficking, tagging and optimizing across platforms against brand, intent and direct response metrics
- Solid understanding of paid, earned and owned media strategy and tactics – and how they all work together
- Advanced Excel experience with ability to manage complex data sets across multiple sources e.g. Google Analytics, Salesforce
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills, including math proficiency
- Excellent organizational, time management and collaborative skills with ability to project manage across multiple teams with confidence and expertise
- Ability to look ahead to build and expand a (global) team to meet demand/growth goals
- Comfortable in a fast paced, agile and high growth environment with ability to navigate gray areas by developing new process and streamlined workflows
- Paid Social and SEM experience a plus
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.