Kyruus is dedicated to its mission to make healthcare work better for everyone by connecting people to the care they need. This role will be in our HealthSparq team as we work on simplifying the complex healthcare landscape. Together, we’ll improve the lives of our users by helping them to make better healthcare choices.
The Platform organization’s mission is to create a robust set of tools, technology and processes which enable other application teams to focus on their core competencies and executive with velocity. As we are 100% SaaS, Infrastructure, and specifically Cloud Infrastructure, is a critical piece of our technology platform. The Platform Infrastructure team works closely with other Engineering teams, both within the Platform Organization and broader teams to design, implement and operate the core platform infrastructure in a reliable, scalable and performant manner.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a team of seasoned Infrastructure & DevOps Engineers.
- Hire, retain and mentor an incredible team of DevOps Infrastructure Engineers that exemplify our CORE values.
- Be an advocate and shield for your team by providing air cover and context within the rest of the Engineering organization.
- Foster an inclusive environment where your direct reports and peers feel motivated to succeed.
- Hold regular 1:1’s with individuals to provide constant feedback, foster growth, ensure their happiness and develop their careers.
- Proactive management of production operations including security, uptime, performance, availability and capacity planning.
- Always working towards improving the overall velocity of the engineering organization and scalability of the product.
- Work with Project Managers, Client Operations and other external teams to effectively identify, negotiate and prioritize work for the team and deliver value for the business.
- Manage Infrastructure projects and initiatives in an Agile and/or Kanban manner.
What We're Looking For:
- Previous experience (2-5 years) of managing Cloud Infrastructure and/or DevOps Engineers.
- Experience managing a mid-sized team (6-9), preferably in a 100% remote/distributed environment; you understand the challenges of this and have developed some tricks to overcome them.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Previous experience as a practitioner who has walked the walk, carried the pager and can truly empathize with unique challenges of a team doing production support.
- A sense of humility, empathy, passion and sense of humor and a genuine interest in the success and growth of your team and improving the healthcare experience for all Americans.
- Experience with managing a team in a high-growth environment.
- Previous experience in the healthcare technology space, and associated controls (HIPPA, HITRUST, PHI, etc..).
- Experience with advocating and modernizing teams and organizations with SRE principles and methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.
Read Full Job Description