Manager, Engineering (Mobile) at edX
Manager, Engineering (Mobile)
You will lead an engineering team focused on shaping the future of education via engaging mobile learning experiences. Working on edX’s mobile experiences will provide you with an opportunity to have a big impact on the lives of millions of learners. We are seeking a leader who is energized by building high-trust teams and building digital products that users love.
You will lead a team of iOS, Android, and full-stack web developers. You will collaborate closely with the team’s product manager in Cambridge, MA. All of the engineers on the team are based in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of 7 software engineers
- Partner cross-functionally to understand customer needs; identify, define, and scope solutions; and achieve organizational goals
- Build a high performing agile team
- Identify opportunities to accelerate the delivery of value to customers and implement solutions that span people, processes, and technology
- Stewardship of quality for our mobile experiences including participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation and proactive management of security and data privacy
- As time permits, make valuable individual contributions to the platform via writing, reviewing, and documenting software designs and code
- 5+ years software development experience with at least one year in a team lead or people management role
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methods and practices
- Familiarity with mobile application development, release management, and quality assurance
- Key mindsets: always improving, systems thinking, and customer-centricity
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to multiple technologies, including but not limited to Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, React, Python, Django, and MySQL
- Experience with SQL, Google Sheets / Excel, and basic data analysis
- Leading change with empathy and clarity
- Experience with A/B testing
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.