Manager, Engineering (Engagement Team) at edX
Manager, Engineering (Engagement Team)
edX is a collaborative edTech start-up in Cambridge that is passionate about providing access to education for learners across the world. We are hiring a hands-on Engineering Manager to join our tight-knit engineering group responsible for the edX website.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to make a splash in edTech and manage a small team of 3-4 engineers. The Engagement group directly impacts how learners around the world experience and find courses across the entire edX platform. What is your vision for the edX site?
- Be a hands-on technical leader to a team of 3-4 software engineers at various levels
- Mentor direct reports and guide them across software development practices, performance management, and goal setting
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand customer needs, and to identify, define and scope solutions.
- Build high performing agile teams, instill agile practices, and identify areas for improvement
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to hire, scale, and build the vision for your team
- Identify opportunities to accelerate delivery and implement solutions that span people, process and technology
- 5-7+ years software development experience and ideally 1+ year in a team lead or people management role
- Experience with Python or similar backend languages.
- Demonstrated experience with agile methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional working experience experience
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.