DUST Identity provides security, integrity, and traceability to the world’s supply chains. DUST, or Diamond Unclonable Security Tag, uses diamond particles as unique and unclonable markers on individual items. Think of a barcode, but invisible, unfalsifiable, and made with diamonds! With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless work of art — is verified, authenticated, and ultimately, trusted.
DUST Identity is a fast-growing venture-backed startup at the intersection of innovations in materials, hardware, and software. DUST Identity is looking for new team members who are eager to take on the challenge of building the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
As a Lead UI Engineer, you will be a key member of our growing engineering team. You will help change the way physical objects are connected to the digital world. You will work closely with the design, development, and product teams on the delivery of new user experiences. A candidate must have demonstrated previous experience developing SaaS products on both web and mobile devices. Alongside the day-to-day work, you will play a key role in developing team and company culture from an early stage.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Grow and lead a team of passionate interface developers, spanning web and mobile disciplines
- Work closely with UX, Product, and other software engineers to architect and deliver frictionless user interfaces
- Leverage front-end expertise to construct modular interfaces that work seamlessly across multiple devices
- Enable quick, confident iteration by writing secure, maintainable code
- Mentor other developers, participate in code reviews, and act as a point of contact for architecture and cross-team initiatives
- Partner with product, design, engineers, and SMEs to take broad, conceptual ideas to develop product functionality, look, and feel
- Elevate the product by developing interfaces that are simple, effective, and elegant
- Organize and communicate actively with stakeholders to resolve issues and deliver project objectives on-time
What You Bring
- 7+ years of Front-End experience building scalable SaaS applications including experience functioning as a team lead
- Expertise in modern front-end frameworks React, Vue, Typescript; Bonus points for experience with native development (mobile or desktop)
- Deep understanding of common and uncommon UI patterns and libraries
- Experience building, supporting, or contributing to design systems or UI libraries
- Familiarity with common SDK and integration patterns
- Knowledge of best practices and excitement both learning from and mentoring other team members
- Empathy for our customers’ needs and a strong desire to improve their daily experience
- Creativity, ingenuity, and a desire to solve hard problems
- Portfolio demonstrating UI experience will be required as part of the interview/assessment process
Details You Should Know
- Start Date: Immediately
- Must have legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Location: Framingham, MA
- Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
- Travel: < 5%
- DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
What We Offer
- Award-winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress