At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Lead Software Product Engineer in North America.
We are seeking a Lead Software Product Engineer to help customers of our Managed Service Offering (MSO) for Twilio Flex and Amazon Connect cloud contact center platforms, by investigating platform problems, applying code changes to custom solutions, make configuration adjustments, isolate infrastructure issues, , and resolving technical issues. We are looking for people who are technical, love talking to a variety of people, and work with creativity and persistence to find solutions to technical problems.
The ideal candidate for this position is highly motivated by the experience of helping people solve technical problems in complex code, learning new cloud technical skills, and researching solutions using a variety of sources to do so.
At least 3 years of previous experience with software development is required. We are willing to train on the specific contact center technologies should you not have used the platforms or code stacks utilized and are motivated to learn.
- Investigate technical incidents reported from customers to determine root cause, remediation options, and permanent solutions
- Communicate information in a clear and concise manner to customers
- Make changes to a Twilio Flex customer contact center configuration
- Make changes to an Amazon Connect customer contact center configuration
- Make changes to AWS services or Google Cloud services when applicable
- Design and implement code changes as needed to ensure platforms remain operational
- Track all actions performed for a customer in appropriate change logs
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems which can include making changes to code following development best practices and testing techniques
- Setup platform components for customers
- Continued performance health monitoring of custom assets to identify potential problems prior to negatively impacting solution performance
- Document technical and non-technical information and instructions for customers or internal use
- Flexibility to be the on-call duty person for scheduled periods of time which include off-hour and weekend time frames. Responsible for responding within one hour for only high priority incidents that occur in that duty period.
- Liaison with Twilio and AWS Development and Technical Support Teams as required
- Provide technical assistance and support to other departments and Management teams as required
- Create and execute test plans, design changes, scripts, automated or manual deployments, roll back plans and architecture work as required for regular code maintenance
- Address issues timely and in accordance with customer expectations adhering to defined service level agreements
- Participate in project and team meetings; interact and collaborate with team members as required
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels
- Update trouble tickets in real time with detailed notes
- 5+ years of experience as a support developer or application developer
- 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with git source control and automated deployment platforms (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with AWS (serverless, lambda, CloudFront, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Lex, CloudFormation, etc.) preferred
- A great communicator, whether in person, on the phone, or in writing
- Motivated by the opportunity to help people solve problems
- Interested in spending most of your day investigating technical issues and helping customers troubleshoot fully customized contact center solutions
- A quick and self-directed learner, excited about learning new things and technology
- Persistent and creative at finding solutions on your own; someone who can break down a technical problem and deduce root cause; efficiently uses online help, Google searches, and trial and error to figure out a problem you haven't encountered before
- Organized and reliable at completing assigned tasks on time
- Familiarity with contact center systems and capabilities is desired, but not required
- Analytical problem-solving & decision making able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and long-term impact
- Must enjoy the challenge of technical concepts and possess the ability to communicate those concepts at varying levels
- Team oriented, interpersonal, highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Strong sense of urgency, detail oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize work flow
- Previous technical support experience or customer service experience is preferred
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Proactive with the ability to meet tight deadlines and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.