• Managed a cross-functional team of mobile and backend developers
• Led an Agile development team
• Thrived in mobile development and delivered delightful user experiences at scale
• A drive to iterate on architecture in harmony with an Agile workflow
• A love of learning and teaching
• A desire to build something new and challenge the status quo
About the job
We're looking for an amazing Lead Engineer to join Hopper's new and quickly growing Ground Transportation team! Our team is building a new category of travel at Hopper so there's a lot of opportunities to have an out-sized impact on the company.
In this role, you’ll be working on both front-end and back-end components on our app, so we will be looking for individuals who have significant experience with Android development.
- Lead feature development and technical execution for our consumer-facing travel application and the backend services that power it.
- Align and drive team members toward an inspiring vision, while staging work to deliver value incrementally and consistently.
- Deliver a seamless user experience for our customers, leveraging Swift, Kotlin, and Scala and technologies like HBase, Kafka, GCP Big Query, Cloud SQL.
- Work hands-on with our team of software engineers and product managers to move quickly and continually raise the bar.
- Partner with the product manager to craft the product roadmap and OKRs
- Collaborate directly with Hopper’s technology leadership team to ensure Hopper’s success.
- Manage, mentor and as needed, hire technical team members.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description