• 5+ years experience leading a team or managing 4-8 cross functional developers, including backend, web and full stack work
• Recent hands-on experience coding and reviewing code, and designing systems and APIs
• Demonstrated experience architecting secure, scalable, reliable systems to power ML/AI or other tracking, analysis and data pipelines, preferably in a Sales or Marketing context
• Successfully championed documentation, operational excellence, clean code, and testing practices to promote system reliability
• Managed technical debt and feature development to continuously deliver user value without compromising technical quality
About the job
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead a team of software engineer to innovate and solve challenging problems, impacting millions of users. You will develop and improve processes and mechanisms for operational excellence. The team is growing quickly, so you’ll also help with hiring, onboarding, and mentoring new developers.
- Lead architecture and implementation and scale for new and existing User Acquisition oriented data analysis systems and pipelines
- Collaborate with team members across disciplines to define an inspiring product vision focused on our customers
- Define and drive the technical direction for new and existing analytical data pipelines and reporting tools
- Work hands-on alongside a talented team of software engineers to rapidly deliver clean, fast, and scalable data analysis solutions, backed by a Scala based microservices infrastructure
- Collaborate with leadership to develop a culture promoting technical excellence
- Manage performance and development of a diverse team of engineers
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.