Lead Software Engineer, Hopper Cloud at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• Experience building, leading, and managing full stack teams of Engineers
• Recent hands-on experience coding and reviewing code, and designing systems and APIs
• Demonstrated experience architecting secure, reliable systems to power innovative in-app experiences at scale
• Successfully championed documentation, clean code, and testing practices to promote system reliability
• Managed technical debt and feature development to continuously deliver user value without compromising technical quality
• Experience developing B2B products in pre-fit to growth stages
• Demonstrated contributions to hiring, onboarding, and performance management processes
• Backend experience with Scala, GCP, Kubernetes
• Web experience with Progressive Web Apps including with React and Typescript
About the job
We're looking for an amazing Lead Engineer to join the Hopper Cloud team! Our team is working on distributing Hopper’s innovative travel and fintech products to our many partners. We’re working on growing and scaling our distribution product as we launch and manage our diverse set of products
In this role, you’ll be leading, growing, and managing a team of full-stack engineers and working cross functionally with product, design, and data science to prioritize, estimate, and implement large scale projects in an Agile environment.
- Lead new architecture and implementation for customer-facing products and app experiences
- Collaborate with team members across disciplines to define an inspiring product vision focused on our customers
- Work hands-on alongside a talented team of software engineers to rapidly deliver clean, fast, and scalable solutions in Scala, Swift, and Kotlin
- Collaborate with leadership to develop a culture promoting technical excellence
- Manage performance and development of a diverse team of engineers
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description