Lead Rails Engineer at Agero + Swoop
AGERO + SWOOP
San Francisco based Swoop, an Agero company, provides simplicity and peace of mind in the chaotic world of roadside assistance. Agero & Swoop combined provide roadside protection for 100M+ Americans and performs 12M+ roadside services annually. As a connected vehicle service, we are in deep discussions with leading car manufacturers about their connected and autonomous vehicle experiences. We combine the benefits of a stable, profitable parent company, while offering the career opportunities and pace of a Silicon Valley startup.
Agero + Swoop are automating an entire industry that has not changed in decades. We’re taking antiquated manual systems and redefining them into digital platforms, open APIs, and exceptional customer service.
Swoop, a next generation SaaS based platform powers thousands of tow operators and partners with car makers, insurers, and fleet operators to deliver a roadside product that is fast, transparent, and easy.
Our team is passionate about addressing real-world problems with digital solutions. We’re looking for enthusiastic problem solvers who are ready to join a fast-paced team and make a big impact.
Learn more at https://joinswoop.com & https://agero.com
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who can lead a 5+ member squad of engineers
You’ll help us evolve the models, business logic, and API layer to provide a highly available and scalable platform to run the roadside assistance marketplace we've built trusted by many of the largest auto manufacturers and insurance companies in the world.
We leverage automation pipelines (have even built our own), use continuous integration and have a strong product framework that helps us build a high-quality product at high velocity.
- Design Swoop's Platform API's to support new partners and clients
- Work with stakeholders to champion technical initiatives and build seamless, well-tested and architected solutions
- Make the right trade-offs on how to leverage existing vs new frameworks keeping in mind the short, medium- and long-term goals and natural constraints
- Understand the opportunities and risks new technologies provide, make technical choices with intention
- You have led projects from inception to completion and have mentored other engineers
- You enjoy working at nimble companies and building systems from the ground up
- You have 8+ years of experience building backend software
- You have an understanding of building modern web apps at scale
- You have built well-documented API’s and third-party integrations
- Deep understanding of API design and best practices
- You have extensive Rails experience
- CS or Engineering related Degree
- Optimization experience at the DB and Application layer
- Experience with GraphQL is nice to have
Swoop, along with our parent company, Agero, has set out to redefine the roadside assistance experience by offering real time transparency, unmatched scale and seamless integration with most of the major automotive and insurance brands. Combined, we protect over 115 million drivers and are making the roads safer by using the best technologies, customer service and partnerships with companies like Lyft.
Agero’s mission is to safeguard consumers on the road through a unique combination of platform intelligence and human powered solutions, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their drivers. We are a leading provider of driving solutions, including roadside assistance, accident management, consumer affairs and telematics. The company protects 115 million vehicles in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and other diversified clients. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to more than 12 million requests annually for assistance. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com and follow on Twitter @AgeroNews.