The Lead Cloud Security Engineer at the Edge will have the chance to influence the decisions of a new organization. Cloud Engineers within the Edge team are trusted to own major parts of the cloud infrastructure, and we expect you to thrive as a leader in spearheading and shaping the technology direction, with support from your peers.
The Lead Cloud Security Engineer leads the architecture, design and automation of the security infrastructure in our Google Cloud and Azure platforms. The Lead Cloud Security Engineer leads the strategy that involves identifying solutions for moderately complex to complex infrastructure, engineering and product goals that must meet strict compliance with regulatory requirements and security controls.
The Lead Cloud Security Engineer owns and defines strategy to implement and operate a secure cloud infrastructure. In this role performs complex cloud security, cloud networking and infrastructure analysis to independently identify technical solutions that meet the desired regulatory and security requirements. Works closely with Lead Cloud Architects, Infrastructure, Software engineering through our product implementation lifecycle to design secure products, validate product designs and implementations against defined security controls. Works day to day with the Edge Security organization to define required security posture, enhance controls and remediate issues. Ensures that properly vetted security, networking and infrastructure services are selected and implemented. This role also requires hands on technical work for the implementation and operations of infrastructure and security solutions, and uses automation across all aspects of the security and related technical portfolio. Ensures that product implementation schedules are followed, participates in routine planning of cloud infrastructure services that support new product features and engineering requirements, and cloud services meet security and quality requirements. Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable and complex factors and determining the best course of action to ensure all Technology services are secure and compliant. Advises executives to develop and enhance security postures, and is a key partner executing regulatory, controllership and security asessments.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 or more years of experience in infrastructure/network security by designing, installing, configuring and administering network infrastructure and security systems
- 3 or more years hands on leadership experience in cloud security and related cloud infrastructure projects in Google Cloud, Azure or AWS
- Expert is security principals and operations, hands on work experience with secure automation pipelines, secure API management and secure coding practices
- Extensive experience with security infrastructure and application monitoring, event management
- Detailed understanding of identity management principles & technologies, experience with implementation of identity and access management solutions (Azure AD/AD, SSO, SAML, Okta, Siteminder etc.)
- Hands on experience with certificate, credential and secrets management and integration of these to cloud operations and development pipelines
- Experience with defining, monitoring and improving security controls based on regulatory requirements
- Experience establishing security practices, SecOps methodologies and processes
- Good understanding and ability to use scripting languages in daily tasks to leverage automation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations to senior leaders
- Understanding of department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's Degree in a Technical Field
- Cyber Security Certification
- Professional Cloud certifications
- Healthcare experience