Lab and Facilities Operations Tech
Lab & Facilities Operations Tech (Receiving/Shipping)
Mission for the Role
Indigo is working to harness nature to sustainably feed the planet. We have discovered a transformational opportunity to improve global crop yield and reduce the use of agricultural chemicals and fertilizers by utilizing the core microbiome inside plants to confer material yield and crop protection benefits across a variety of crops, geographies and stresses. The challenge and opportunity for Indigo is to gain critical first mover advantages by scaling quickly and effectively (~$1B 2020 revenue.)
The role of the Laboratory Operations Support Temp will be to support the Laboratory and Facilities Team, and the rest of the Indigo Agriculture team in their efforts to enable a highly productive, efficient, and safe laboratory environment by supporting ongoing laboratory operation tasks.
Key Outcomes for the Role
- Support on-going laboratory operations with a significant emphasis on receiving and opening packages, stocking consumables and supplies, and organizing various lab spaces and equipment.
- Provide support function for the laboratory organization and waste management.
- Provide support function for the facilities organization by helping with moves, organization of common spaces, relocations and Indigo events.
- Help with ordering, receiving, stocking and shipping.
- Help supporting the facilities and infrastructure in the laboratory.
- Help enforce Indigo’s safety policies and good work practices.
- At a minimum, an Associate Degree with >1 year of experience working in biological laboratories in an industrial or academic setting.
- Ideally, a bachelor’s degree in science or engineering field with >1 years of industrial biotech experience in a laboratory support capacity.
- Higher levels of education in a related field (biology, microbiology, molecular biology ) may be counted towards work experience.
- A customer-oriented philosophy with the ability to prioritize amongst many tasks and stakeholders.
- An enthusiastic learner with an attention to detail and high level of responsibility and maturity.
- A passion for Indigo and our core values.
- An ability to think creatively about identifying and optimizing workflows.
- Work autonomously and in a self-directed manner but always within the expectations of and parameters set by their manager.
- Sets and maintains high standards for self.
- Possess strong EQ (interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills).
- Communicate both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner.
- Demonstrate a team-oriented style, strong work ethic, and professional conduct.
Location: Charlestown, MA.