Introduction to Chewy
Chewy Fraud Prevention & Risk Platforms department is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer. As an individual contributor, you will lead in innovating, designing, building services and frameworks, integrating with 3rd party systems that enable fraud prevention in multiple touchpoints across browsing and purchase path. This platform will provide solutions for several business and technology initiatives across organization. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at Chewy’s scale requires technical leaders with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity.
This role will give you the chance to use your deep technical expertise to accelerate the adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends, and practices. You will help drive innovation, scalability and maintainability while working with our highly skilled engineering teams. Above all, you will be a leader who gains the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executives.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop and implement large scale distributed systems with large volumes of data focusing on scalability, latency and fault tolerance.
- Develop Systems / Component architectures and APIs for a rapidly scaling platform, while ensuring successful product delivery and operational excellence.
- Bring an expert understanding of the systems, their dependencies, have the ability to forecast and mitigate challenges every effectively
- Be the expert when it comes to design principles, service-oriented architecture and developing applications of scale in the cloud while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Lead research and PoC initiatives for cloud native designs and implementation within public clouds, primarily AWS.
- Represent the Fraud Prevention Platforms team in front of cross functional business and technical initiatives.
- Conduct design/code reviews while raising the bar for all of engineering
- Debug critical hard to solve production issues across services and tech stack
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of services
- Display excellent verbal and written communication and be able to convey dissenting opinions in a constructive manner, particularly written communications
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with Java, Object Oriented Programming
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing large scale projects and initiatives
- Experience in building event-driven architecture, processing large datasets, relational & No-SQL database.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
- Strong proven ability in building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Strong expert experience in cloud native technology stack (AWS) and service-oriented architecture
- Clear understanding of emerging technologies and ability to apply those principles in solving critical business needs
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or another related field
- Strong engineering background building products that are ecommerce scale
- Prior experience in Fraud detection & prevention technique
- Prior roles in Ecommerce or in technology companies
- Experience in Kotlin
- Experience in building high performance systems
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com