IT Security Engineer at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The global IT teams at Datadog are responsible for the devices, infrastructure and services that employees around the world rely on. This means managing thousands of devices, Identity and Access Management, services like G Suite, Jamf and Slack as well as our Meraki network infrastructure.
As a Security Engineer for the IT team, you will help ensure our applications, services and networks are secure and compliant in a cloud and SaaS environment.
- Develop, maintain and improve IT security tools
- Harden IT systems
- Perform security assessment activities
- Respond to IT security incidents
- Collaborate with the Datadog Compliance team in the development and implementation of new security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Be a security subject matter expert within the Datadog IT program
- Able to demonstrate strong understanding of IT systems, operations and security concepts
- Proven track record of security proficiency
- Experience in core project languages (Golang / Python / Ruby)
- Strong understanding of system and network security principles and technology
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience implementing BeyondCorp style, zero-trust network and service architectures
- You harden macOS for fun