IT Integration Engineer at Veeva (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
| Greater Boston Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:28 p.m. (EST) on Friday, March 18, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The Integration Engineer will work closely with Veeva’s Application teams to design sound, scalable and supportable integration solutions that meet or exceed data transmission needs across Veeva’s enterprise application landscape.
This role will serve as a hands-on contributor and be a thought leader in the areas of integration design, API management, platform selection, and administration best practices.
The ideal candidate will exhibit a high proficiency in architect, develop, and support a variety of integration solutions driven by business needs; from asynchronous, point-to-point integrations to real-time, event-driven transactional data transfer.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with system analysts, platform architects, and business SMEs to derive integration requirements and translate those needs into detailed technical designs.
- Design, develop and implement efficient and scalable integration solutions, adhering to best-practice standards in areas of performance, maintainability, exception handling & recovery.
- Apply security and availability, best-practice principles, to data architecture design and implementation of integration frameworks.
- Develop & implement efficient and scalable data models/schemas to support transactional integrations and analytics implementations.
- Design, develop, test, and implement ETL solutions for data warehousing needs.
- Identify, maintain and document the overall portfolio of integrations and work with the Enterprise Architect to align with the Applications IT Roadmap.
- Must be adaptable and able to operate effectively in a dynamic environment with often changing priorities.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience implementing enterprise-scale integration solutions using Boomi Cloud Integration Platform; including use of Local Atoms and real-time even-triggered integration logic...
- Strong experience in architecting, design, development, implementation & support of ETL processes, and supporting technology platforms.
- Proficiency with SQL, NoSQL, Python, MDX query languages. A strong understanding of XML & JSON is a must.
- Demonstrated technology leadership across a variety of technical project implementations with a strong focus on cloud architecture and cross-platform integration.
- Ability to effectively gauge, communicate and mitigate technical risk.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and motivational skills.
- Solid understanding of data architecture, business analytics, and integration frameworks.
- Strong verbal, written & presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to personnel at all levels of the organization.
Nice to Have
- Experience operating in an Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with the usage of Agile tools (JIRA / Confluence)
- Working knowledge of SCM tools (Git preferred) and code management best practices.
- Understanding of CI/CD deployment models and release strategy.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Single Sign-On (SSO) technologies such as Okta
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]