Threat Stack enables growth-driven companies to scale securely and meet complex cloud security needs by identifying and verifying insider threats, external attacks, and data loss in real time. Purpose-built for today’s infrastructure, the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform® and Cloud SecOps Program℠ combine continuous security monitoring and risk assessment to empower security and operations teams to better manage risk and compliance across their entire infrastructure, including cloud, hybrid-cloud, multi-cloud, and containerized environments.
At Threat Stack, we’re building a continuous monitoring platform specifically targeted at the challenges of cloud security for elastic infrastructure. Our platform gives our customers deep visibility into their systems’ behaviors and helps to identify potentially anomalous actions of users and processes.
The DevOps movement has been embraced across Engineering. The Infrastructure team works tightly with our development and test engineers to enable them to run our platform and services. Our platform is built in Scala and Node.js, and leverages Kafka, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Druid, and other high-scale platforms running in Amazon Web Services. We expect you to be psyched about automating solutions and enabling others to do so. We expect you to love learning new languages and technologies quickly and to be passionate about finding the right solution for the job. We’re looking for someone with experience successfully designing and completing complex projects utilizing a variety of technologies, is able to inspire and help junior staff develop, and has assisted with planning and prioritization.
Come join us in building the future of cloud security.
What We Offer
- We’ve built a lot, but our scale challenges keep coming and we’re continuously improving how we can better handle our growing scale. You’ll be directly influencing and supporting software that’s processing billions of events per day, and an engineering team that continuously deploys releases through our pipelines.
- A talented infrastructure team that enables all disciplines in Engineering to build well, and to find ways to optimize and improve what we have already built.
- A team that is committed to continuous learning, improvement, and support
What You’ll Do
- Run systems on AWS, with an understanding of the performance implications of the different features
- Chef, but would expect you to have opinions and experience with at least one modern CM tool
- Scalable and flexible Terraform
- Run systems on AWS, with an understanding of the performance and cost implications of the different features and instance types
- BGP Routing, Networking
- Performance tuning of data stores like Cassandra, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, and/or Kafka
- With the rest of the Ops team, maintaining the development build infrastructure
- If you’re interested in debugging complex problems across a large platform, find (technical) root cause analysis interesting, enjoy systems thinking, know your way around a Unix shell, and feel comfortable writing code, this position may be for you.
How We Do It
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure used by Threat Stack’s Engineering teams
- Debug production issues across the platform
- Find ways to optimize the platform, with a focus on cost effectiveness and scale
- Plan for growth of the infrastructure
- Build tools to enable our developers to better manage the applications they deliver
- Help teams improve the way they deploy their code and systems
What We’re Looking For
- History of successfully executing complex projects
- Consistently approachable and transparent with a positive attitude even under stress
- Open, considerate, and honest communication
- Deep understanding and command of an area of expertise
- Commitment to deploying well tested, reviewed infrastructure, with a high amount of confidence
- Commitment to creating excellent documentation and leaving projects better than found
- Able to balance the desire to innovate against business constraints
- Look for ways to help improve teamwork to accomplish the team’s objectives
What Gets Us Extra Excited To Talk To You
- Experience in multiple AWS services and the tooling that enables your use of them
- Experience porting infrastructure from one place to another
- Experience building, deploying and scaling high-volume, highly-available AWS environments
- Multi-cloud experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, Chef, or Terraform