Identity & Access Management Engineer at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Principal Identity & Access Management (IAM) Engineer part of the IT Solutions team will drive implementation of Identity and Access Management services, processes, and methodologies for CarGurus. As an expert in deploying Identity Governance solutions, the main responsibility will be to understand business workflows and automate processes in a scalable manner. The IAM Engineer will design, develop, configure, and implement solutions to resolve business issues related information security, identity management, user access authentication, authorization, user provisioning, and role-based access control.
What You'll Do:
- Identify gaps in current IAM solutions and develop roadmaps to address growth areas
- Evaluate the current onboarding/departure process and identify improvements using role-based access controls (RBAC) and other IAM methodologies
- Act a key contributor to IT IAM standard operating procedures, processes, and guidelines
- Partner with the Application Security, Data Integrity teams and the Security Guild to provide guidance and support for product authentication and authorization solutions industry practices
- Drive the initiative to evaluate and evolve the onboarding/offboarding process inclusive of end user access controls and standardization of functional work group assignments
- Deep technical understanding of Identity & Access Management systems including federation patterns, brokering, external/internal Identity, standard protocols (OAuth2.0, SAML, SCIM), directory management, and privileged access management
- Extensive experience automating and integrating identity, authorization, and authentication solutions with CI/CD pipelines and orchestration tools
- Familiar with DevOps principles and source code and configuration management practices using Git
- Broad familiarity with a wide variety of IT Directory and Infrastructural systems. Examples: Jira, Active Directory, AWS, Workday, etc.
- Solid background understanding and adhering to SOX requirements related to certain access levels and controls
- Follows proper processes and procedures for any systems or workflows which directly impact IT owned production and business environments
- Make highly complex decisions with little to no oversight, acting as a primary leader accountable for decision-making, quality-control, and results delivery for their line of business
- Experience overseeing end-to-end execution of large-scale initiatives from requirements gathering to launch
- On-call and occasional hours outside normal business according to business needs
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.