Head Architect, Security
The vision for the MassMutual enterprise architecture team is to build an industry leading EA function that creates alignment between technology and business strategy by guiding the process of planning and designing capabilities to maximize the value of IT and enable the company to make high impact, long term decisions. This will be accomplished through architecture strategies, blueprints and road maps that standardize technology stacks and create engineering speed and agility through the innovative use of data science, data analytics, cloud and API’s.
The Head Architect, Security will lead a team responsible for defining and maintaining enterprise reference architectures, design and integration patterns for digital and cybersecurity. This role will support the CISO and the security team in the design and architecture of critical risk-based security capabilities for data protection, authentication, and software both on-premises and in the public cloud. Security architecture will define implementation patterns for security services including key management, encryption, SSO, authentication, authorization, web and API. The head of security architecture will also be responsible for evaluating and benchmarking new technologies, drafting technical standards, creating security architecture patterns and publishing architectural artifacts enabling MassMutual to make high impact, long term decisions. This is a critical strategic architecture role to help drive digital transformation and create a competitive advantage for the company.
- Technical evaluations and benchmarking of core data technologies including query engines, storage platforms, and big data computing frameworks.
- Specification and publication of standards around data transport and data APIs
- Thought leadership and active participation in conferences and research with strategic partners and academic institutions
- Define the technical platform strategy for enterprise consumer data initiatives
- Partner with senior leaders to develop and maintain data platform and data technology strategy
- Define data architecture strategies and approaches to advance enterprise data initiatives
- Partner with business executives and senior architects to identify data and process issues, then provides solution options and recommends options
- Provide recommendations on system options, risks, cost/benefit analysis, and impact on cross-domain systems, business strategy, goals and processes.
- Partner with extended enterprise architecture, information security, compliance, business, and IT support teams to communicate and collaborate on architecture strategies, standards, and direction.
- 15+ years experience working with security technologies and standards (SSL, PKI, IP security, IAM, RBAC, oauth)
- 15+ years performing research, security system design, experimentation, and benchmarking
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to project development teams or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities
- Demonstrated data warehousing experience
- Track record of designing architectural reference material
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to technical teams
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science required (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred)
- Expert level certifications in security (CISSP, CISM, CEH)